Warming, nourishing and comforting dishes are great at this time of the year to support our bodies during this time of changing seasons. This dish uses super foods garlic, ginger and onion to support your immunity.
Source: Vegetarian Times Nov/Dec 2008
- 1 x 1-inch piece fresh ginger, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 x 15-oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbs. canola or vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, diced (1 cup)
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed (1 cup)
- 2 medium carrots, sliced (1 cup)
- 1.5 tsp. garam masala
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 cups cauliflower florets (3/4 lbs)
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
1. Pulse ginger and garlic in food processor until finely chopped. Add tomatoes with juice and cayenne pepper, and pulse until combined. Set aside
2. Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper and saute 10 minutes, or until softened. Stir in potatoes, carrots, garam masala, and chili powder. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add cauliflower, tomato mix and 1/2 cup water. Simmer 20 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in coconut mild. Season with pepper, if desired.
Note that this stew gets spicier as it sits, so if you prefer milder flavors, serve it immediately.